Title: Skilled Studio Potter
Location: Cleveland, OH
Hours: 20-30 hours per week, flex schedule
The Studio Production Potter is responsible for throwing, loading and unloading kilns, and other necessary studio tasks. This position is a key part of the community-centered environment at Little Korboose.
• Fulfill pottery orders according to production schedule.
• Throw and trim forms.
• Prep forms and load bisque kilns.
• Mix and sieve glazes for Studio use, keeping glaze levels high for production.
• Wax and glaze.
• Slab work.
• Load and unload kiln cart for gas reduction firings.
• Refine and implement processes under direction of Owner.
• Any other duties as required.
• Must have access to a studio, equipment and all amenities at said studio necessary to complete the work. If access is needed, please let us know.
• Must have an expanded knowledge of the craft arts and ceramics.
• Must have at least five years demonstrated throwing experience or a portfolio of work that demonstrates this level of expertise.
• Willingness to follow directions.
• Task focused with exceptional attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Strength, stamina, good eyesight, and an ability to work at repetitive tasks.
• Exceptional attention-to-detail.
• Self-motivated, able to work independently with little supervision to meet production goals.
• Able to work in a team environment with demonstrated collaborative skills.
• High school diploma or GED; A degree in ceramics from University is preferred.
This position is a year-round contract position with potential for full time. Pay is commensurate with experience and performance and within the constraints of the Little Korboose budget.
Please send resume and LinkedIn to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line "Production Potter Position".